By clicking "Register", you are submitting your information for us to get in touch with you to go over the program details and set you up for this training.
This course requires the following classes:
● MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY- (16 weeks) Online students will be assigned an online instructor available to answer questions and will be linked with the CMAA curriculum. ● CMAA WITH MEDICAL BILLING- (16 weeks) This course will teach you everything you need to successfully pass the CMAA exam through the National Healthcareer Association and includes a Certificate for Medical Billing through AMP. Classes are held once a week for 3 hours. You will learn health information in the medical office, billing and coding procedures, financial and practice management and administrative duties. In addition, we take you through the “virtual medical office” to help you develop critical thinking and decision-making skills that you will need on the job. This program gives you the opportunity to practice real-world skills essential for success in the healthcare field. You will perform actual administrative duties like managing patient scheduling in a multi-doctor practice, complete actual medical office forms, practice taking phone messages, and transcribing doctor’s notes as well as gaining experience with the actual medical office software SimChart. You will learn HIPAA compliance and hands-on practical use of this program from both the administrative and clinical perspective. This course is designed for those already in medical office administration or those looking to enter the medical front office field as a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant, Transcriptionist or Medical Coder.
● MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL (36 weeks) - This course includes Medical Office Specialist course (Certified Medical Administrative Assistant) as well as all of the Medical Billing & Coding with CPC, leaving you with 2 national certifications. It also includes our program at a discounted rate. The program begins with Terminology/A&P and CMAA and then you begin the Coding program at week 17. The discounted program can be found on the enrollment form labeled Medical Professional and would include the books provided below as well as for the coding course:
BOOKS INCLUDED ARE:
• Medical Terminology and Anatomy for ICD10 Coding
• Medical Office Administration
• Insurance Handbook for the Medical Office • Simchart for the Medical Office Workflow
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS All applicants must be 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or GED equivalent before obtaining employment, but it is not required for starting these programs, but must be completed prior to sitting for any national certification.
ATTENDANCE POLICY Due to the intensity of this course, the attendance policy set forth by the Academy of Medical Professions is strongly enforced. If you are taking live local classes, you will be required to watch all missed lectures online before graduating. Please be aware that if you choose to take this program all together and complete it in 16 weeks, it is considered full-time and will require a number of study hours and homework time per week. MOST STUDENTS choose to take the terminology course first and then the CMAA portion which will take you on average 36 weeks to complete. Should you decide to complete the program all together and find that it is too difficult, we allow a student to stop the CMAA portion until they complete the Terminology aspect. There are no financial penalties for going longer, and this is encouraged. OUR GOAL: NO STUDENT LEFT BEHIND.
ONLINE RECORDED CLASSES
Students wishing to take the online courses by watching the recorded classes may start at any time.